Stone Comparison Chart
Stone Comparison Chart
|Marble||Granite||Quartzite||Dolomite||BCS Quartz||Quarella Quartz||Quarella Marble|
|Price Range||$$ – $$$||$$ – $$$||$$$$$||$$$$||$$ – $$$$||$$$||$$|
|Type||Natural Stone||Natural Stone||Natural Stone||Natural Stone||Engineered Stone||Engineered Stone||Engineered Stone|
*Namib Fantasy & Grigio Fantasy-White Marble-Suitable for kitchens
|Marble||Marble is a metamorphic crystalline rock formed when limestone has additional heat and pressure applied to it by the earth’s crust, causing the stone to re-crystallize.||BCS Quartz||And engineered material that when combined with pigmentation and binding agent, the result is a beautiful and durable manufactured countertop.|
|Granite||Granite is a platonic igneous rock having visible crystalline texture, generally composed of feldspar, mica and quartz||Quarella Quartz||Manufactured through a process that combines natural quartz with polymer resins to create a low-maintenance, super-hard, natural stone-look countertop available in a dazzling array of beautiful colors.|
|Quartzite||Quartzite is a metamorphic stone where quartz grain originally belonging to sandstone has recrystallized.||Quarella Marble||An engineered marble that is crushed, pressed, heated, and bonded with polymer resins. A material less absorbent to moisture and more resistant to scratches and stains compared to cultured marble.|
|Dolomite||Dolomite is a type of limestone and is found in large, thick areas called dolomite beds|
|A glossy surface that is very smooth|
Reflective polished crystals bring out the brilliant colors and grains of natural stone
Shine is due to polishing bricks and powders used during fabrication
The sheen is not from coating
|Provides a flat to low sheen gloss|
This surface is very smooth, but often very porous
This texture is common in high traffic buildings
It should always be protected with a penetrating sealer because it was wide-open pores
Honed Stone colors are not as vibrant as polished stone
|A textured matte finish most commonly seen on darker granite|
Surface usually has a soft sheen to it but is much less shiny than the glossy look of a polished stone.
Leathered granite hides fingerprints, water spots, and smudges
Shine is due to polishing bricks and powders, used during fabrication
|Bullnose trim is used to provide a smooth, rounded edge for countertops||An flat edge style is a slightly ‘softened’ square that alleviates that hard, sharp edge|
Care & Maintenance
|Natural Stone||Engineered Stone|
|– Keep glasses containing fruit juices or alcohol on coasters as acids and alcohols can react and darken the surface|
– Sealing the area may bring out the color of the stone
– Immediately cleanup spills using a soft cloth or sponge
– Stone cleaner is preferable, avoid using abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners or soft cleaners
– Use a few drops of neutral cleaner, mild cleaning liquid detergent, or stone soap along with warm water to clean the stone surfaces. Dry with a soft cloth.
– Using strong chemicals such as vinegar, ammonia, lemon or acids can dull the surface
– Granite is hard and can dull your knives. Using a cutting board to maintain their sharpness.
– Use a squeegee to minimize soap scum. Use non-acidic soap scum remover to remove the scum.
|– Does not scratch easily but is affected by heat. Use hot pads or pot stands.|
– Not recommended to use as a cutting board.
– Even though quartz is resistant to liquids such as wine, lemon juice, tea, and soda, clean them up as soon as they spill on the surface.
– Avoid cleaners with acidic or bleaching effect. Simple cleaning procedures such as non-abrasive cleaner, damp cloth, paper towel can be much better for regular cleaning purposes.
– Strong solvents and chemicals such as paint removers, trichlorethylene or methylene chloride will – damage the material. Bleaches, permanent markers or inks are better kept away from quartz stones.
Browse through our extensive
collection of products.
Visit A Showroom
Want to see more in person?
Find a Showroom near you.
Have A Question?
Get in touch with our
customer support team.